List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: C++ exceptions
From:       Alexander Petrov <zowers () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-06-16 22:20:29

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

On Friday 16 June 2006 17:14 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> >I think Qt's sources size would greatly decrease if it used
> >exceptions, leading to a more safe, clean and small library.
> >The same applies to kde.
> Maybe. But this is not going to happen in KDE 4 and Qt 4, since, as you
> reported, it requires redesigning from the ground up.

And thats really a pity. This means qt&kde will never compete with other
frameworks on that side. And it can force starters not to use the otherwise
great libraries.

--
BR. Alexander 'zowers' Petrov.    jabber:zowers@jabber.ru    icq:69694782
http://zowers.narod.ru            mailto:zowers@gmail.com