List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Buildsystem question
From:       Thomas Baumgart <ipwizard () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2006-06-16 19:35:33

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi all,

on Friday 16 June 2006 19:38, Thomas Kadauke wrote:

> Am Thursday 15 June 2006 21:21 schrieb Thomas Baumgart:
> > > I have a widget library with a QWidget-derived class called
> > > WorKflow::Widget, and several slightly extended widget classes
> > > derived from QCheckBox, QListBox, QLineEdit etc. which all implement
> > > a small interface. My .ui files use WorKflow::Widget as the base
> > > class. If the library is installed, uic adds #include <widget.h> to
> > > the created .h file (and all other includes to the .cpp file). If it
> > > is not installed, the #include directive is missing.
> > >
> > > Btw, I guess that using a custom class as a base class for designer
> > > created widgets is ok, because that's what KDE is doing with KWizard
> > > based .ui files.
> >
> > Maybe, you just add the missing header file using the designer's
> > "Object Explorer". It has a method of adding Includes in declaration
> > (.h) and implementation (.cpp) files. This information will be stored
> > within your .ui file.
>
> That kind of works. But just kind of. Now there are errors when
> compiling the generated .cpp files (I'm using widget subclassing in
> KDevelop). Here, all includes of the custom widgets are missing. I get
> the feeling that uic does not find the widget library, but I triple
> checked that it gets the right path. Do I have to call ldconfig in the
> middle of the build process or something like that?

No, that's not needed. uic searches in the path that is specified with -L
and loads all available libs.

> The directory where
> the widget library is in also contains other libraries. Could that be
> the problem? The widget library depends on other libraries in the
> project (which are already built). Does uic need the path to these
> libraries, too?

I noticed, that I had to include (statically link) all those dependencies
into my widget lib before I could actually use them.

--

Regards

Thomas Baumgart

thb@net-bembel.de               Check the KMyMoney open source