List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDesktop & Kicker Improved
From:       "John Tapsell" <johnflux () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-06-15 13:23:28

Interesting indeed. But then we will end up with "put into run dialog"
and "run as other user".
I agree that it is too many clicks to run the program as another, but
it doesn't happen that often.

Could we change this slightly, and instead just have a "Run with
options..."  or something which pops up the run dialog, but with the
options expanded by default. It will mean one extra click, but at
least it should be straight forward what to do.

How often do you run a program as another user btw?  I often want
konqueror to access other user's files, but that should  be added to
konqueror rather than running konqueror as another user.  What do you
think?

John