List:       kde-devel
Subject:    question: autofs and/or kde media manager - config problem ?
From:       Ferdinand Gassauer <gassauer () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-06-07 21:02:16

Hi!
on SuSE 10.1, KDE 3.5 SVN

auto.master
/autofs  /etc/auto.media

auto.media
cdrecorder -fstype=iso9660,ro,nodev,nosuid :/dev/hdd
dvdrecorder -fstype=iso9660,ro,nodev,nosuid :/dev/hdc
floppy -fstype=auto,async,nodev,nosuid,umask=000 :/dev/fl
usbstick1 -fstype=auto,async,nodev,nosuid,umask=000 :/dev/sdg
usb_front -fstype=auto,async,nodev,nosuid,umask=000 :/dev/sdg1
usb_Casio -fstype=auto,async,nodev,nosuid,umask=000 :/dev/sdh1
usb_sd -fstype=auto,async,nodev,nosuid,umask=000 :/dev/sdd1
usb_cf -fstype=auto,async,nodev,nosuid,umask=000 :/dev/sdc1

/etc/init.d/autofs start

I get all plugged in devices in /autofs/usb_cf etc, as defined in auto.media.

at the same time konqueror shows the new volume in "Storage Media" and wants
to open it, but wants to access "system:/media/sdc1" which does not exists or
is empty. (KDE Mediamanager is running)

I can access the USB-drive with konqueror at /autofs/usb_cf

Question:
a) is it allowed to run both services (autofs and kde media manager) at the
same time
b) how and where can a more meaningful name be defined (usb_cf instead of
sdc1)

BTW the behavior of konqueror / Media manager is independent of autofs running
or not - i.e the drives are not accessible.

Any idea what's wrong?
--
cu
ferdinand