Aaron - I was just posting my general comments, not trying to approach your arguments. Renaming ksysguard obviously doesn't change the app and is a relatively trivial matter. As to whether or not ksysguard is relevant to the KDE 4 workspace, I think some sort of system monitor is called for. I would hate to see that functionality gone from KDE. Greg - How about "ksysmonitor" or "ksysmon"? The original ksysmon seems to be defunct; I can't find anything newer than 1997. The author is listed with the app's announcement: http://63.238.77.251/?l=kde-announce&m=88665502614223&w=3 On Tuesday June 6 2006 2:41 pm, Aaron J. Seigo wrote: > On Tuesday 06 June 2006 11:40, Sean O'Brien wrote: > > I have ksysguard in my KDE panel (along with gnome-system-monitor in my > > Gnome panel, and the Windows Task Manager in my Windows taskbar). If I > > want to kill a process or see how hard my processor's working, these are > > useful. > > > > I'd rather use kysysguard than top to view/kill a process. That said, > > .. which course isn't even debated =) > > > ksysguard does need improvement. I think gnome-system-monitor is much > > better and more lightweight; I'm glad the ksysguard developers plan to go > > in a similar direction. > > renaming it to sound similar doesn't make it similar, lightweight or > anything but ksysguard with a new name. this is why i suggested that the > naming meme is useless and the energy spent on discussing ksysguard (or > whatever it's called) at this point really ought to be pointed at figuring > out if it will continue to be relevant to the kde4 workspace. >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<