List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KSysGuard renaming
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiago () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-06-06 17:00:55

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Greg Martyn wrote:
>1. But think of the SVN history!
>Regardless of the validity of this complaint, the damage has already
>been done. It's not as bad as some may think though -- svn blame
>survives a svn mv, so the only lines affected are those that contain
>"ksysguard." (not to mention that svn blame can take a revision number
>as an argument)

I don't mind the mvs, but I do mind the unnecessary script-modifying of
the source code. Why do you need to rename all the classes? Just leave
the old names.

Besides, your automatic renaming of everything broke the compilation,
which shows you modified a lot more lines than you had to. This is where
you lose precious history.

So, if you need to rename the icons, make sure only the icon names are
changed in the source code. If you decide to rename a class or two, make
sure it's only those classes that will be renamed.

I'd suggest you svn rm and start again from "ksysguard". And compile your
code before submitting.

  thiago.macieira (AT) trolltech.com     Trolltech AS
    GPG: 0x6EF45358                   |  Sandakerveien 116,
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C          |  NO-0402
    966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358          |  Oslo, Norway