List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Networked sound?
From:       Robin Atwood <robin.atwood () attglobal ! net>
Date:       2006-05-29 14:09:37

I posted this a while back on kde-linux but did not receive a reply. Perhaps one of \
you guys knows.

While having fun with kdm I logged on from my laptop to my main machine. Everything \
worked  very well and was quite snappy over the wlan network. Only thing was when I \
played an mp3, the sound came out of the speakers on the main machine. Looking at the \
sound system page in KCC I noted the 'networked sound' option and eagerly selected it \
- to no avail, sound still on the wrong box. A quick google of  'kde networked sound' \
turned up a lot of hits on the lines of "it sux". So, can this be made to work or is \
it a case of "Waiting for Phonon"?

Cheers...
-Robin.
Robin Atwood