Am Montag, 29. Mai 2006 10:10 schrieb Iván Forcada Atienza: > > Well, setuid root is comfortable but: why is the use of kdesu insecure?? > I personally don't like setuid root (no special reason). I prefer the > use of sudo instead because it allows a more fine-grained permissions > control. > Ouch, no I didn't said that the use of kdesu is insecure, but it is insecure to run a process with root privileges that only needs this privileges for a small, temporary part. It is better to isolate the root privileges to a small process that has a short lifetime and that you can control better. I don't know the exact policies of identity switching but the best way to do something is to have clear constraints. >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<