List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Developing at ten?
From:       Heiner Lamprecht <heiner () heiner-lamprecht ! net>
Date:       2006-04-30 16:44:06

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi Allan,

On Sunday 30 April 2006 18:20, Allan Sadun wrote:
> I would like to start developing for KDE,

Always nice to hear :-)

> and I can't figure out
> if I can, and if so, how I can. I've read the "How to Help" page,
> and it hasn't really helped me. This dilemna has lead to a lot of
> questions; can anyone answer them?
>
> 0. Is this the right place to ask these questions?

Yes.

> 4. Am I too young to start developing? (I'm only 10)
> 5. How much experience do I need?

Well, 10 is young, but definitely not too young to start ;-)

How much experience in programing, ... do you have?  Is your goal to
start/learn developing software, or to contribute to KDE?  The
latter is possible in several ways (documentation, testing,
translation, ...).

If you have nearly no experience in programming at all, don't
hesitate to ask me.  I'm in charge of teaching the apprentices in
the company I work for.

    Heiner

--
    heiner at heiner-lamprecht dot net    GnuPG - Key: 9859E373
  Fingerprint:  3770 7947 F917 94EF 8717 BADB 0139 7554 9859 E373