On Friday 28 April 2006 16:05, Paulo J. Matos wrote: > On 28/04/06, Ivor Hewitt wrote: > > Paulo J. Matos wrote: > > > Hi all, > > > > > > I'm quite curious on how KDE currently computes the backtraces of > > > software when it crashes. Can someone explain me or point me to some > > > references on this issue? > > > > It invokes gdb. Although I recently spent some time writing code to walk > > the stack and collect symbol information, so I'd be happy to answer any > > questions. > > It invokes gdb on what? The dumped core? > Is there any gdb API for that invocation or KDE starts gdb as a > separate process and goes through all the work of handling the > communication between the processes? > KDE starts gdb with --pid parameter for the application so that gdb can attach to the application. -- Matt >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<