List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Computing software bts automatically
From:       "Paulo J. Matos" <pocmatos () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-04-28 21:05:28

On 28/04/06, Ivor Hewitt <ivor@ivor.org> wrote:
> Paulo J. Matos wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm quite curious on how KDE currently computes the backtraces of
> > software when it crashes. Can someone explain me or point me to some
> > references on this issue?
> >

> It invokes gdb. Although I recently spent some time writing code to walk
> the stack and collect symbol information, so I'd be happy to answer any
> questions.

It invokes gdb on what? The dumped core?
Is there any gdb API for that invocation or KDE starts gdb as a
separate process and goes through all the work of handling the
communication between the processes?

Thanks,

Paulo Matos

--
Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at sat inesc-id pt
Web: http://sat.inesc-id.pt/~pocm