List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Problem running "tutorial/p4.html"
From:       Michael Pyne <michael.pyne () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2006-04-28 0:55:21

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 27 April 2006 20:35, Amr Ramadan wrote:
> Trying to compile the following application:
> http://developer.kde.org/~larrosa/tutorial/p4.html
> <http://developer.kde.org/%7Elarrosa/tutorial/p4.html>
>
> Using:
> g++ -c -I/opt/kde3/include/ -I/usr/lib/qt3/include -fno-rtti main.cpp

*snip*

> #4  0x408ebe7d in __dynamic_cast () from /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6

See the dynamic_cast error?  dynamic_cast relies on the C++ runtime type
identification system.  You disabled that with the -fno-rtti flag to g++.

Recompile all of the object code without that flag (and never bring it near
your C++ code again. ;)

Another thing, if you get errors about redefinitions of class MainWindow, it's
because the tutorial forgot to put the C++ header guards in the p4.h listed
on the tutorial page. e.g.

#ifndef TUT_P4_H
#define TUT_P4_H

// rest of p4.h