List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Google SOC: Improved session management support
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () suse ! cz>
Date:       2006-04-27 16:11:50

On Wednesday 26 April 2006 23:18, Will Entriken wrote:
> I have always thought
>
> * Support for running several different sessions at the same time
> (e.g. one per virtual desktop)

 This specific thing requires things like multiple sessions support and fixing
poor session management support in many apps, so for this you'd effectively
need to do almost everything from the list to build on top of that.

> was the coolest idea. Has someone responded to this SOC opportunity?

 Not that I know of.

> I have experience with C++ and a little QT, also I am starting to get
> involved in kdelibs.
>
> If I apply to SOC, this is probabily the only task I would apply for.
> Has anyone started work on any of these tasks?

 I think that's irrelevant, according to SoC FAQ it's fine if several people
submit the same idea.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer