List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE4todo #50
From:       "Will Entriken" <kde.org () 2006 ! phor ! net>
Date:       2006-04-26 19:55:23

So here's my progress with cleaning up bookmarks as per TODO #50:

x Replace begin_rmb_action(KBookmarkBar *)
_ Replace begin_rmb_action(KBookmarkMenu *)
_ Replace all dPtrs
_ Rename RMB::s_highlightedAddress

Please let me know if I'm on the right track.

Cheers,
- Will Entriken

P.S. WTF is a RMB?

On 4/26/06, Daniel Teske <teske@squorn.de> wrote:
> > I think I might be able to tackle this. Is this related to
> > kdelibs/kio/bookmarks/kbookmark.cc:91
> > // KDE4: Change QDomElement to QDomNode so that we can get rid of
> > which is just the 3 functions?
> No they are not related.
>
> > 50    Refactor the kio/bookmarks code so we don't need to use the static
> > d-pointer trick anymore
>
> Well, to start the task:
>
> Rewrite:
> void RMB::begin_rmb_action(KBookmarkBar *self);
> void RMB::begin_rmb_action(KBookmarkMenu *self);
>
> They should be normal constructors. And instead of accesing members of self, the \
> constructor should have parameters for the needed information.
> Every call of this form:
> RMB::begin_rmb_action(this);
> should the be replaced by :
>
> delete m_rmb;
> m_rmb = new RMB( ...);
> That's for the KBookmarkBar code, KBookmarkMenu is a little bit more complicated, \
> as it is using a trick to circumvent binary compatibility restrictions. To \
> understand that code, read \
> http://developer.kde.org/documentation/other/binarycompatibility.html
> Obviously that can be optimized.
>
> That would be the start, the RMB class is quite messy.
>
> As the popupmenus for kio/bookmarks seem to be broken at the moment, testing it \
> isn't possible.
> I'll read and comment on every patch you'll send for kio/bookmarks.
>
> Refactoring of that code is quite high on my todo list. (And as I seem to have \
> found another major bug in QT's model/view framework, which prevents me from \
> completing a patch for keditbookmarks, I'll probably start working on \
> kio/bookmarks.)
> daniel

["bookmarkscleanup.patch" (application/octet-stream)]