List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Tray icon and Qt 4.1
From:       Stefan Gehn <mETz81 () web ! de>
Date:       2006-04-17 9:30:30

Am Sonntag, 16. April 2006 10:03 schrieb Frank Osterfeld:
> On Sunday 16 April 2006 01:10, Egon Kocjan wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > does anybody know a good implementation of fd.o system tray icon? I've
> > checked this one: http://qtnode.net/wiki/Systray. Unfortunately, it has
> > some problems:
> > - icon background is not transparent (the background color is somewhat
> > close to what it should be, though)
> > - I've checked the implementation with valgrind and output scares me :)
> >
> > I've also tried to implement the tray icon myself by reading fd.o spec
> > and I also didn't have much luck with transparency (I've tried setting
> > various widget flags, used transparency masks, ...). Can anyone offer me
> > some advice how I can reproduce KSystemTray's handling of transparency in
> > Qt 4.1?
>
> Psi (http://psi.affinix.com) is Qt-only and has a nice tray icon:

Psi is QT3 currently AFAIK and the code at qtnode.net is actually a port of
the psi code to Qt4 (as is stated there) which was done by me because I
needed a systray icon. I put it up there because several people in #qt wanted
to have a systray-icon for their qt4-apps :)

> I haven't examined Valgrind output though ;-)

Probably exactly the same as with my port.

Transparency works here as long as you don't change kicker configuration later
on, i.e. the icon background does not reflect changes of transparency,
tinting or disabling/enabling transparency. Unfortunately I don't know if one
has to talk to kicker for that to work or if that's Qt's fault.

On win32 everything looks fine.

Bye, Stefan aka mETz