List:       kde-devel
Subject:    kde-config --libs and --cflags
From:       Johannes Sixt <johannes.sixt () telecom ! at>
Date:       2006-04-09 21:32:57

Hi all,

appearently, all of KDE 4 is going to migrate to cmake.

But actually I don't want to migrate my application (KDbg) to cmake, I want to
use auto* tools. In the past the solution was to copy KDE's admin directory
and reuse it. In the future this won't work out, I fear.

Now, there is this little gem: kde-config. Unfortunately, it does not support
--libs and --cflags, like so many other *-config tools. Are there any plans
to add these flags to kde-config?

Like this, for example:
o --libs prints the linker commands that are needed to link a KDE application.
o --cflags prints additional compiler flags that must be added.

-- Hannes