List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Virtual Samba folder
From:       Brian Waite <linwoes () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-04-06 12:46:53

Hi all. I am a novice KDE developer but rabid fan. I am preparing to write
first application written in KDE. It seems simple enough, but I was wondering
if you had any suggestions. SO I have a small ITX computer with a screen in
my kitchen. I want to be able to browse the web from my home PC, drag an item
to a samba folder and have konqi display it on the small screen. I think all
of this is very straght forward, but I'd like reccommendations on the xfer
part of it. I was initially thinking of some type of 'virtual' share where on
windows it would look like a folder but in reality it was an application or a
kio slave. Now I am starting to lean towards an actual folder and watching
the dir from my app for changes. Any reccommendation as to the best approach?

Thanks
Brian