List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Error while compiling KDE with kdesvn-build
From:       Michael Pyne <pynm0001 () comcast ! net>
Date:       2006-04-04 8:36:33

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 03 April 2006 08:53, Eduard Bachmakov wrote:
> I updated and tried to compile kde. qt, arts and kdesupport worked, but
> kdelibs is a problem. Please look at my error logs.

Are you trying to compile kdelibs from /trunk?  (i.e. the
still-not-quite-working but upcoming KDE 4.0?)

If so, the latest kdesvn-build release isn't quite able to build it (but
kdesvn-build, uh, from KDE SVN can build it).  The reason is that kdelibs
trunk just switched to require CMake (it used to use unsermake).

I plan to release kdesvn-build 1.1 at some not-too-distant point in the
future.  Maybe even right after I'm done checking e-mail.

If course, if you're trying to build KDE 3.5, you're using the right
kdesvn-build, but you need to build the stable branch.  You can add the
use-stable-kde option to do so (in global).  i.e.:

~/.kdesvn-buildrc:
global
  use-stable-kde true
  ... rest of global options
end global

If you need any other help, please let me know.  I apologize for not being
able to check email more often.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne