List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How to debug kioslave problems ? [Was: Problem opening
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-04-04 22:16:27

On Tuesday 04 April 2006 23:34, Pavel Troller wrote:
> Now, when I try to open a device, which is
> shown by the slave, it pops up an "Save/Open with:" dialog, instead of opening
> it automatically by another slave (sdp:/).

This slave is returning items with another protocol in UDS_URL than the slave's own protocol...
I'm not sure this is really supported... I thought one had to use redirections or ForwardingSlaveBase
for this kind of thing, but well; this is I think unrelated to the problem you're describing,
so we can always come back to this one later if needed ;)
(should mostly be a problem in treeviews; for flat icon/list views it might work fine).

    createDirEntry(entry, devName,
        QString("sdp://[%1]/").arg(devName),
        DeviceClassMimeConverter::classToMimeType(devClass));

Showing 'open with' seems to tell me that the mimetype is wrong;
what's the mimetype being passed in the above call?

Hmm, this url thing does seem weird. A redirection might solve this,
which you could try by
1) removing the UDS_URL atom
2) catching such items in listDir()  - which currently only supports listing "/", i.e. bluetooth:/
 and calling redirect(newurl) from there, where the newurl is the one that used to be in UDS_URL.
This means somehow finding the new url from listDir, I'm not sure what's the best way to do that
in that code, it means getting the name and class again, a bit like in doListBrowse but
preferrably without iteration...