Am 29.03.2006 um 17:22 schrieb Thiago Macieira: > Miguel Ángel Tribaldos wrote: >> Hi all, >> >> I'm not an experienced KDE developer. >> My question is: How to do KFileDialog and others KDE dialogs show >> translated?? (spanish) >> > > Here's how it works: > > 1) Developers write everything in English. > 2) Everything that is supposed to be translated is marked specially in > code > 3) All of the marked strings are extracted to a file, which is then > given > to translators > 4) Translators translate all strings (not words, not sentences; whole > strings) > 5) When the dialog is about to be shown, we take that string and > look it > up in the translation list. If we find the translation, we show it. > > So, when you see in the code: i18n("Message in English"), that will be > translated to whichever language has been selected by the user config. Here is a more detailed description (KDE-3): http://developer.kde.org/ documentation/library/kdeqt/kde3arch/kde-i18n-howto.html bye, Jonas -- Try Krusader Twin-panel filemanager for KDE http://krusader.org/ >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<