Hi! > It may depend on the configure settings used to compile gcc. Gentoo used to > (or may still, but I think they changed this) use some faster memory > allocator by default with libstdc++ (not a Gentoo patch, just a different > configure selection) instead of the default slower memory allocator. Hmm, it looks possible. BTW. my config flags I use for compiling gcc are ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-shared --with-system-zlib --host=i586-pc-linux-gnu --enable-threads=posix --enable-__cxa_atexit --with-tls --with-cpu=i586 --with-arch=i586 --enable-languages=all After verifying that SVN TRUNK libstdc++ seems okay, I've checked out the 4.1 BRANCH and compiled it. It reports itself as 4.1.1 (prerelease). It's important that its libstdc++ is also free of those deadlocks. So now I will try all the gcc suite from this snapshot. I hope it's like in KDE, that the gcc branches are moreless stable. As soon as 4.1.1 becomes official, I will update and recompile. Thanks to all of you, who helped me! With regards, Pavel Troller >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<