List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 3.5 BRANCH && gcc-4.1.0 && glibc-2.4 && linux-2.6.16 - SOLVED
From:       Pavel Troller <patrol () sinus ! cz>
Date:       2006-03-26 13:34:49

Hi!

> If you are interested in the patches, you can downloaded it from any gentoo
> mirrors, for example,
>
> http://ftp.belnet.be/mirror/rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo/distfiles/
Thanks, I've tried it.

> the latest patches for glibc 2.4 and gcc 4.1 are glibc-2.4-patches-1.3.tar.bz2
> and gcc-4.1.0-patches-1.1.tar.bz2, most of the patches should be there. (but
> there are also some small patches not included. you need to search
> the .ebuild to find them).
>
> BTW, I have not patched my gcc 4.1 with gentoo's patchset yet. so maybe it's
> harmless to focus on glibc.

I did. No success. Applied even gcc patches. No success. Then I've got SVN
gcc and used its libstdc++.so.6 (and libgcc_s.so.1, because it's tied together)
instead of 4.1.0 versions. IT WORKS! No more deadlocks. I've left rest of gcc
suite from raw 4.1.0 and let's see, what'll show more.

So, the problem is definitely in the libstdc++ from 4.1.0 and I'm really
curious, why in gentoo environment it doesn't show up.

         Wih regards, Pavel Troller