List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 3.5 BRANCH && gcc-4.1.0 && glibc-2.4 && linux-2.6.16
From:       Michael Pyne <michael.pyne () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2006-03-26 6:49:54

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 26 March 2006 01:38, Pavel Troller wrote:
> Many thanks for this report!
>   Until now, I've tried downgrade to kernel 2.6.15 (the most easy one) and
> the problem persists. So it's not a kernel bug.
>   I've also upgraded glibc from CVS. The problem also persists. So, if it's
> in glibc, it's not fixed yet there.
>
>   I don't speak gentoo and I don't know its secrets. Please could you find
> me, whether there are any distribution-specific patches in your gcc and
> glibc ? Where can I see them ?

It would be in Gentoo's portage tree.

glibc is in /usr/portage/sys-libs/glibc/
gcc   is in /usr/portage/sys-devel/gcc/

Those directories will contain a .ebuild file corresponding to the exact
version of the program you want to install.  Look inside that .ebuild (it is
a bash-script) for patch or epatch commands.  Those will reference files in
the /files subdirectory of the program directory, where the patches should
be.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne