List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Doxygen question: how to have XML without escaping
From:       Frans Englich <frans.englich () telia ! com>
Date:       2006-03-20 11:57:10

On Sunday 19 March 2006 22:22, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> On Sunday 19 March 2006 22:58, Frans Englich wrote:
> > Shouldn't ui_*.h files be excluded? That's how moc in Qt 4.0 generates ui
> > files(in some cases, at least).

(Didn't mean moc, but uic.)

> Why, in particular? Does moc generate files with Doxygen-style comments in
> it?

For the same reason patterns like *.moc, and tests/ are excluded. Speed up
parsing, and in my case I got warnings from the code with Doxygen 1.4.6(got
perhaps confused by the moc-magic).

> In any case, I'd recommend building APIDOX from a clean source
> directory, not one with all kinds of cruft in it.

Right, me too. It's just a hefty requirement that developers either clean
their working copy or keep two trees. It would cut down on questions asked
and boost productivity if people simply could use Doxygen in their tree.

> > I haven't yet managed to get doxygen.sh working on a module, but I'm
> > pretty sure it will have trouble locating the files I @include. Wouldn't
> > it be practical if EXAMPLE_RECURSIVE is set to YES? Or would it break
> > some other case?
>
> Well, there's awful few examples in the KDE APIDOX. In any case you can set
> these things on a per-directory basis (as described in the APIDOX howto,
> http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/howto.php ) with
>
> DOXYGEN_SET_EXAMPLE_RECURSIVE = YES

Yeah, I'll do that on a local basis.

Cheers,