List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KXConfig, and porting to Qt 4, xorg, etc....
From:       Gary Greene <greeneg () phoenuxos ! com>
Date:       2006-03-19 5:46:40

I recently started digging around in the code on my machine that I'm supposed
to be working on and started looking at the kxconfig code again.

For those that don't know, kxconfig is a KDE application that was written a
while back by a few devs from Caldera. As it sat idle in the kdenonbeta cvs
repository, I requested maintainership of the code from them. This had been
granted, but due to time constraints from working on Ark Linux initially, and
then on PhoeNUX OS, I haven't fulfilled my obligations to the code.

Now that I've started working on it again, I'm in need of a few decisions from
the KDE community about the support that KXConfig should have for X. What I'm
curious about is whether or not I should retain ANY support for XFree86 in
the code at all, as kxconfig should be a general usage administrative
application for KDE.

Any advice / comments on this would help me in making the decision on which
way I should go with the code, especially since I do plan on getting it
completely ready as a first-class app for KDE 4.