List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Current viki development
From:       Shaheed <shaheed.haque () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2006-03-17 8:56:17

On Wednesday 15 March 2006 15:42, Brian Waite wrote:
> I was wondering what kind of developemtn is going on for viki . I just
> started using it and it fit my needs, but I think it has some room for
> improvement. Maybe some of this has been addressed, but here are some of my
> wishlist items. I am willing to help out on some of these if they are
> interestint to others.
> 1) Allow transparent background
> 2) Add docking and hiding abilities
> 3) Reduce the window size to only the size of the keys (potentially
> removing window title)
> 4) Allow a few optional  quick keys for bringing up things such as task bar
> or other user definded actions
>  I am sure as I use it I will find a few moer wishes. Is the current head
> still at SVN kdereview? I was unable to find a Makefile.cvs there so I had
> trouble building it and resorted to an RPM

I had been waiting quietly for KDE4...but you are very welcome to work on it
(I'm a bit distracted right now in any case). I'm not sure where you looked,
but the sources are here:

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/kdereview/viki

with a Makefile.am. My only requests are to keep to the indentation and braces
style, and to remember that viki is aimed at two groups of users: those with
multi-language needs, and those with Accessibility needs.

Thanks, Shaheed