List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [OT] A mockup of Konqueror
From:       "Joshua J. Berry" <des () condordes ! net>
Date:       2006-03-14 19:45:36

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 14 March 2006 11:47, Iņaki wrote:
> > I very much like the idea of hidden menus but I'd add one menu button
> > near the "menu" for bookmarks. Bookmarks are useful in file manager
> > too.
>
> But you can access easily them by clicking in the "Bookmarks" sidebar. Is
> it not enough?

I would say no.

I never use the Konqueror sidebar because it takes up way too much screen
space for me.  When I'm browsing something, I don't want to look at
sidebars and whatnot, I just want to see what I'm looking at (either the
webpage, or the contents of a folder).  To me a sidebar in Konqueror is
unnecessary clutter, and while it's occasionally useful, most of the time I
want to keep it hidden.

I use the Bookmarks menu quite often, however.  (More, in fact, than just
about any other menu in Konqueror.)

--
Joshua J. Berry

"I haven't lost my mind -- it's backed up on tape somewhere."
    -- /usr/games/fortune