hi Macho

The best things to do would be to use kdevelop.. it has a project
template for developing kicker applets..when  writing applets for KDE
I think the smart thing would be to use this template , becos it's the KDE way
of doing things. what is important to the user is not how the developer compiles the
module but how portable the applet package is and how easy it's to compile..
so Macho I recommend, you use the autotools ..good luck with kvorak

bye.