List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [Patch] EjectPressed support for mediaIOSlave
From:       Rohan McGovern <rohan.pm () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-03-01 0:52:39

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wed, 1 Mar 2006 07:12, S.Çağlar Onur wrote:
> Salı 28 Şubat 2006 22:57 tarihinde, S.Çağlar Onur şunları yazmıştı:
> > As you may already know hal started to support eject button pressed
events
> > for optical drives with version 0.5.5. If anyone interested,
attached patch
> > [against KDE-3.5.1] captures this events and unmounts & ejects
mounted
> > optical drive without breaking current API/ABI.
>
> Correct patch attached [missing include added], sorry for multiple
post.

I would just like to comment that, although this is a good feature, we
should not rely upon it to work; i.e., ejecting a CD shouldn't be
broken when these EjectPressed events aren't generated.  This is
because many (most?) CD drives don't support whatever is necessary to
generate those events.  Many of you probably already know this.

Rohan