List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Compile error in trunk/kdebase
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiago () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-02-24 9:01:32

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Craig Howard wrote:
>I'm using kdesvn-build 1.0.  The configure log indicates that it found
> the right path to qt-copy (as do the -L paths below).  I'm using the
> unsermake build system, I've got automake 1.9.6 installed and I'm using
> gcc 4.0.3 from debian sid amd64.

This means you're using libtool too. Libtool wants your .la files to be
where they say they are. Yours are not. Fix them.

>Where is it getting the /usr/local/Trolltech from?

From the Qt libtool .la files.

>What in the build system calls grep?  Thanks in advance.

libtool

>grep: /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.1.0/lib/libQt3Support_debug.la: No such
> file or directory

This means you configured Qt to install in that path, but you did not
install it. You're not allowed to do that.

Either you configure Qt to not be installed (by giving it a -prefix of the
source directory) or you install it.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

4. And æfter se scieppend ingelogode, he wrát "cenn", ac eala! se
rihtendgesamnung andswarode "cenn: ne wát hú cennan 'eall'. Ástynt."