On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 08:50:14PM +0100, Thiago Macieira wrote: > Koos Vriezen wrote: > >Hi, > > > >After updating my SVN checkout, the kde-3.5 branch, I get an undefined > >symbol: _ZN8KMPlayer8PartBase7processERK8QCStringRK9QMemArrayIcERS1_RS5_ > >when using the kmplayer plugin with kmplayer. This symbol, > >KMPlayer::PartBase::process(QCString const&, QMemArray const&, > >QCString&, QMemArray&), is defined in kmplayercommon.so and comes > >from PlayerDCOPObject base class. > >The dcop tools generate a kmplayerpartbase_skel.cpp, but don't add the > >KDE_EXPORT to these methods. > > > >How can I work around this (while keeping hidden visibility support)? > > I've seen this error too on someone else's machine. Are you using the > kmplayer tarball package or did you check it out from Subversion too? No need for that :-) > I haven't been able to understand how exactly this bug came to be. My > initial thoughts were that the use of KDE 3.4's admin together with a KDE > 3.5 causes -fvisibility=hidden to be used when KDE_EXPORT is not defined. > But kmplayer does some #ifdef trickery to get the export back on. Ah that's it, kmplayer defines it own KDE_NO_EXPORT but KMPLAYER_EXPORT is defined as KDE_EXPORT. Thanks, Koos >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<