List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: visibility of K_DCOP
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiago () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-02-09 19:50:14

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Koos Vriezen wrote:
>Hi,
>
>After updating my SVN checkout, the kde-3.5 branch, I get an undefined
>symbol: _ZN8KMPlayer8PartBase7processERK8QCStringRK9QMemArrayIcERS1_RS5_
>when using the kmplayer plugin with kmplayer. This symbol,
>KMPlayer::PartBase::process(QCString const&, QMemArray<char> const&,
>QCString&, QMemArray<char>&), is defined in kmplayercommon.so and comes
>from PlayerDCOPObject base class.
>The dcop tools generate a kmplayerpartbase_skel.cpp, but don't add the
>KDE_EXPORT to these methods.
>
>How can I work around this (while keeping hidden visibility support)?

I've seen this error too on someone else's machine. Are you using the
kmplayer tarball package or did you check it out from Subversion too?

I haven't been able to understand how exactly this bug came to be. My
initial thoughts were that the use of KDE 3.4's admin together with a KDE
3.5 causes -fvisibility=hidden to be used when KDE_EXPORT is not defined.
But kmplayer does some #ifdef trickery to get the export back on.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

4. And æfter se scieppend ingelogode, he wrát "cenn", ac eala! se
rihtendgesamnung andswarode "cenn: ne wát hú cennan 'eall'. Ástynt."