List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Linking failure in kdelibs4 with libagg
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiago () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-02-01 9:41:55

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Craig Howard wrote:
>Has anybody seen this one before?  I'm running x86-64 on debian.  This
> is from a fresh checkout of trunk.  I've got the libagg-dev package
> installed. Strangely enough, there is no libagg package!  So, I don't
> have libagg.so  Is this library designed to only be statically linked?
> Or is that causing my problem?  I've tried configure both with and
> without --with-pic  I tried building from source, but that did not
> produce a shared library either.

You cannot build a shared library linking to a static library. There's no
way around it.

Either you get a libagg.so or you remove the libagg.a dependency.

And no, it's not supposed to be static only. At least on Mandriva, there's
a libagg.so.2.0.1.

Relevant sections:
>/bin/sh ./libtool --silent --mode=link --tag=CXX g++ -Wnon-virtual-dtor

> -no-undefined -o ./kdecore/libkdecore.la -rpath

> ./libltdl/libltdlc.la -lXext -lresolv -lutil -lagg -lidn

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

1. On frumscafte, hwonne time_t wæs náht, se scieppend þone circolwyrde
wundorcræftlíge cennede and seo eorðe wæs idel and hit wæs gód.