List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: konsole kpart: Konsole is unable to open a PTY...
From:       Michael Pyne <michael.pyne () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2006-01-31 1:50:05

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 30 January 2006 15:36, Karim Ryde wrote:
> Cannot get this to work with TerminalInterface:
> session_terminal->startProgram( "ls", "-la" );
>
> Maybe I'm missing something very basic here?

I just fought with yakuake the other day trying to get it to not use the -l
flag to /bin/sh.  I think I know what may be afflicting you.

The second parameter to startProgram should be a QStrList (C++ is
automatically casting the QString to QStrList for you).

QStrList args;

args.append("ls");  // Put command name first in args
args.append("-la"); // Then follow with all options.

// But startProgram() still needs the command name even though
// it is first in args.
session_terminal->startProgram("ls", args);

Let me know if this works for you.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne