Thank you very much!!, I'm looking now to rebuild my program in python, unfortunately there are no perl bindings for metakit. El Lunes, 30 de Enero de 2006 00:45, Sashmit Bhaduri escribió: > On 1/29/06, Francisco wrote: > > HI, I post this question here because I think it was a development > > decision, but maybe it's wrong, please suggest where I should ask this. > > You might try the akregator IRC channel. irc.kde.org channel #akregator > > But I will try to answer your questions (i'm not an active developer > of akregator > anymore) > > > * Why did they choose to store the feeds in a binary format (.mk4 file) > > instead of the convenient (for me at least) XML files? > > 1. speed > 2. memory usage > > > * I've read some time ago that some people were concerned about this kind > > of things in kde, I mean the tendency to use use cryptic binary files > > instead of the friendly user readable text files for configurations and > > information storage. What do you think about it? > > It's actually a metakit database file > > metakit is a lightweight database storage engine > > see: http://www.equi4.com/metakit.html > > > * Last but not least, do you know any easy workaround to my problem?, any > > easy way to decode these files to be able to parse with a script? > > if you use perl or python, sure.. there are metakit interfaces for that. > > >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to > >> unsubscribe << >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<