List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: regarding KParts
From:       Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer () gmx ! at>
Date:       2006-01-26 19:31:01

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Doing a list reply again as KControl is certainly not my area of expertise

On Thursday 26 January 2006 20:21, Chakkaradeep C C wrote:

> Thanks for the reply.  I will certainly look into those IBM docs, but
> before that i just wanted to know something about KParts. I am developing
> YoperConf, a tool similar to KControl, but with the Yoper Way. So the GUI
> tool would look similar to KControl with a tree structure in the left side
> panel and options in the right side panel. So here i want to deploy KParts
> in the right side panel. (i.e).,When the user clicks on Network
> Configuration, KNetworkConf should be embedded in the right side panel
> instead of me writing step by step.Hope i am clear.

I am not sure if you want to reuse the KControl plugins and, if you do, if
they have their own plugin base class or use KParts.

However it is certainly possible to use KParts like this, i.e. embedding them
in one specigic part of your GUI, it is just a matter which parent widget you
pass to the part creation

It might be possible to use KJanusWidget for your main GUI, but as I said I
better leave that to people with some internal KControl knowledge :)

Cheers,
Kevin

--
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer@gmx.at>