List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Opening QMainWindow from KMainwindow
From:       Sheraz <sakings99 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2006-01-23 10:48:58

Hi

My Main application interface is dervied from
KMainwindow and KAction are used everywhere with guirc
file.

I have designed and opened its child window(few
windows opening from main interface) from QMainWindow.
I did all this because It was so quick and easy from
QT designer...

But now having a problem with Tool bars item.
QMainwindow Interface has different behaviours of
toolbar icons.

In KMainWindow we just need to define pngs like
"filenew" "filequit" and so on and there size
automatically adujsted on toolbar and on menu on plug.

While here for QMainWindow i can defined an image for
QAction from Designer only once. and same sized image
is appearing on menu bars too....which is a
problem....so My question is that Is there anyway
exisit in QMainWindow derived class that i could
define seperate sized window for menu item and for
toolbar items ?
This will be kind of redundant work b.c i will have to
define two images for New operation in menu and New
operation in toolbar...but i have to do it so that i
can utilize my existing QMainWindow UI that i have
done almost.

one more thing QMainWindow Toolbars are lacking in
bottom text description over toolbar.

Can any one help me in that..

Thanks
Sheraz