List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: The number of unassigned bugs is worrisome
From:       Mark Hellman <markhellman () techie ! com>
Date:       2006-01-12 0:06:40

Thiago Macieira wrote:

> Also, where did you get the "888" figure? Running the query you pasted
> shows 79 bugs. If we disregard the UNCONFIRMED

You are right. The URL is wrong. What I wanted was to show was the "The \
most hated bugs" list:
http://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_statu \
s=REOPENED&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=grave&bug_severity=major&bug_severity=crash&bug_severity=normal&bug_severity=minor&votes=21&order=bugs.votes

I think this list is special because it is ordered by the number of votes.
It means that more than one person has noticed the bug and felt annoyed
enough to go to bugzilla and vote for it. This list is 579 long (not
including the UNCONFIRMED). And from these 579 only 25 are ASSIGNED.
I must underline: only 4% of the bugs that annoy people the most are being
taken care of. Isn't this worrisome?

> No. We're working on KDE4. We cannot afford more delays. We don't have
> enough manpower to do otherwise.

I understand the lack of manpower. But, correct if I am wrong, most of \
those 579 bugs will transit to KDE 4. I do not see anything KDE3-specific \
in most of them. And one of the most disappointing experiences for a user \
is to try a new major version of a software and find his most hated bugs \
there...

Mark