List:       kde-devel
Subject:    strange combobox
From:       Bram Biesbrouck <b () beligum ! org>
Date:       2006-01-08 22:02:13

Hi all,

I've run into something strange. Here's the situation:
I've made a form with a groupbox and a KComboBox inside it (among other
things) in KDesigner. The logic is implemented in a subclass. The code
duplicates the combobox to add functionality as the user proceeds.
Everything works fine, except, I can't add items to the newly created
comboboxes (they look enabled, but when I click one, nothing happens).

Here's the code:

	KComboBox* box = new KComboBox(true, recCategoryGrp);
	box->move(combo->x(), combo->y()+combo->height()+10);
	box->show();
	//update the layouts
	recCategoryGrp->adjustSize();
	recCategoryGrp->updateGeometry();
	this->adjustSize();
	this->updateGeometry();
	//fill the boxes
	for (iterator=vector.begin(); iterator!=vector.end(); ++iterator){
	    box->insertItem(QString((*iterator)->title));
	}

Does anyone see what I'm missing?

Bram