List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Debian, KDE and the GFDL problem
From:       Isaac Clerencia <isaac () warp ! es>
Date:       2006-01-07 12:46:17

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday, 7 January 2006 11:51, Daniel Molkentin wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 5. Januar 2006 09:47 schrieb Isaac Clerencia:
> > 2) Convince manual authors to a) relicense their works under the GPL, or
> >    b) double-license them under both the GFDL and GPL.
>
> How is the GPL a good license for documentation?
Well, people tend to agree that the GPL is not a bad license for documentation
for a GPL program. It allows to easily copy code to documentation and the
other way around without any license headaches (GPL and GFDL are
incompatible).

> Doesn't Debian allow for Creative Commons Licenses? If I was to relicense my
> contributions to the docs (which is, granted, fairly little), I'd rather
> prefer CC (the exact conditions will have to be discussed of course).
There are problems with every Creative Commons license, you can read about
them here:
http://people.debian.org/~evan/ccsummary.html

Best regards

--