On Wed, Dec 28, 2005 at 10:46:03AM +0100, Andreas Pakulat wrote: > > well, the system already has python2.4 and the dev packages, but I can't > > install there. also, my ~/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages is in my PYTHONPATH > > envvar. > > Ok, so does a python configure.py -h help you? I see a number of > switches related to install locations in particular at least one (-d) > that points to python/site-packages. yes, thanks. will try to infer hot to do it automatically from there. > > > There is, install python somewhere where you have write permissions. > > > > IMHO, this is not a `clean solution´. > > Even though it's pretty much OT here: Why not? still OT, I wouldn't waste the disk space for so a little reason. > BTW: PyQt did compile with your Python2.4? That's strange, it didn't > here... yes, it did. FWIW, it's ubuntu breezy's python2.4. -- (Not so) Random fortune: Come on, SCO is a software company... They don't hire programmers. -- Seen @ http://slashdot.org/ >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<