List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Xwindows Security Hole in OpenBSD 3.8
From:       Dave Feustel <dfeustel () mindspring ! com>
Date:       2005-12-24 19:46:45

I hate to send this Christmas present to kde,
but there is definitely a security hole in Xwindows
which permits exploits to be committed at least
with user permissions, if not root permissions.
Since the problem appears to be in Xwindows,
using KDE may be inadviseable. I'm considering
going back totally to console mode now that
I'm aware of the problem.

Dave Feustel
--
Lose, v., experience a loss, get rid of, "lose the weight"
Loose, adj., not tight, let go, free, "loose clothing"