List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Using exceptions in KDE4
From:       "Michal Vaner \(Vorner\)" <michal.vaner () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2005-12-21 15:39:31

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hello,
In my opinion, exceptions may be used for the cases where there is something
that does not happen too often, like "someone" deleted the file between I
selected it and the application used it. However, I see their main strentch
in cases, where the code is debuged. Insted of just getting segfault, sigabrt
or whatever, an exception that contains a text "Invalid input to function
SomeFunc in file xx.cpp", causing the program to crash. Yes, the exception is
left unhandled, however, the programmer instantly knows, what was wrong, he
doesn't have to hunt it all over the code.

I would quite like to see exceptions in some reasonable amount in the libs.
Well, in Qt as well, but it does not belong here as much..

--

Windows are like..
windows. Shiny but fragile and expensive.

Michal Vaner (Vorner)