List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Device Link on Desktop and Service Menu
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-12-21 15:29:13

On Wednesday 21 December 2005 16:22, Kevin Ottens wrote:> Le Mercredi 21 Décembre \
2005 16:17, Vincent Tassy a écrit  :> > I wanted an equivalent of what you can do \
with the servicemenu of Konqueror> > (There's media_mount.desktop and \
media_unmount.desktop).> > And if you look closer at those files you'll see a list of \
mimetypes > associated (media/hdd_mounted and media/hdd_unmounted for example).> So \
if you follow this way, be sure to use the right mimetypes for your > actions. Yeah \
                but that's only in konqueror, not on the desktop, indeed.
Vincent: the mount/unmount for desktop icons are special, they are doneby code, not \
by .desktop files. See KDEDesktopMimeType::builtinServicesin kio/kio/kmimetype.cpp. \
But I guess this doesn't help you much, otherthan to know that this can't be done \
                from "the outside".
(http://www.konqueror.org), and KOffice (http://www.koffice.org). >> Visit \