List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Patched vs. unpatched libtool
From:       Alejandro Exojo <suy () kurly ! org>
Date:       2005-12-21 12:54:29

El Lunes, 19 de Diciembre de 2005 20:27, Thiago Macieira escribió:> The only person \
who can answer that is you: test it with a standard> libtool and tell us if it \
works.>> I know we made some changes to libtool as well as some backporting of> their \
newer versions. Moreover, we did include support for other systems> upon request. So, \
you could send in your patches to admin/ so that we> update it for newer releases. \
According to the porter, the admin/ in branches/3.5 is OK for supporting his \
architecture (but the one in Debian was recommended because included other patches, \
like pruning-dependency support). My concern was if using the Debian version will \
lose some features present in the KDE version (like with gettext), but it seems it \
isn't that way.
> Again, you tell us if it works.>> As a note of caution, I tell you touching libtool \
> is opening a can of> worms. You may come to regret you ever touched it. (I have)
> -)
Thanks for the suggestion. I finally tried with both versions, and I can't find \
problems with any of them.  Thanks a lot.
-- Alex (a.k.a. suy) - GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2http://darkshines.net/ - Jabber ID: \