List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Problem compiling kdebase/konqueror/keditbookmarks (Branch 3.5)
From:       "Steven P. Ulrick" <lists-kdedevel () afolkey2 ! net>
Date:       2005-12-21 1:17:02

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 14:53:35 +0100
Stephan Kulow <coolo@kde.org> wrote:

> Am Montag, 19. Dezember 2005 13:08 schrieb Steven P. Ulrick:
> > Hello, Stephan
> > I am the person that David has been working with on this problem.
> > Here is a link to the full output of "set":
> > http://www.afolkey2.net/output-set.txt
> >
> That's not it then. Debug further ;)
>
> Greetings, Stephan

Hello, Stephan
I just had an idea that I am trying out right now.  My off the wall
idea was that because the error I get says:
Can't open "PERL" script "${datarootdir}/apps/dcopidlng/kalyptus": No
such file or directory.  (Quotation marks and capitalization added)

that maybe I should check to see if Fedora Core 3 had updated Perl
recently.  Sure enough, the version that I have been running was
updated on December 2.  (I know, I'm being naughty, not keeping up with
official updates.  I'm usually real good about that)  Interestingly,
two more Perl updates have been released since then, one on December
12, and the next, TWO days later.  So, I ran "yum update" and started
to re-compile kdebase.  Right now I'm waiting for configure to finish.
In the meantime, if "unsermake" bails again, I will download a fresh
copy of kdebase and try again.  FYI, I have tried this with a fresh
download just the other day, same error.....

Well, "unsermake" bailed with the same error.  I'll re-download and
recompile and see what happens.

I don't know how to debug this any differently than I have so far, but
I will certainly contemplate the matter and I may be given a terribly
brilliant solution :)

Steven P. Ulrick