List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How to move an  X Window
From:       Adriaan de Groot <groot () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-12-20 19:40:44

On Tuesday 20 December 2005 21:27, David Boosalis wrote:
> We are running an X application on KDM.  Does KDM have any hooks as to
> placing or moving a window.  Maybe there is an X application such as "xset
> wid -pos 5,5", but I cannot find it.

Your question is a little hard to understand. Are you running this application
as part of the KDM login screen? The various bits of that are controlled by a
shell script (somewhere .. I've forgotten how it works exactly). If you are
starting your X application from there, then use the standard Xlib -geometry
arguments, like -geometry +5+5 .

[ade]