List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Using exceptions in KDE4
From:       Benjamin Reed <rangerrick () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-12-20 17:14:10

On 12/20/05, Jeffrey Brendecke <yakhki@yahoo.de> wrote:

> Open Issues:
> * There may be problems with exceptions working properly on some platforms
> upon which KDE runs (e.g., MacOS X).

as of Mac OS X 10.4 (tiger) gcc4 is available with the developer
tools, and, I believe, does not exhibit the exception issues previous
gcc's did, although I haven't confirmed this with tests of my own yet.

By the time KDE4 comes out, I expect developers on OSX will have
pretty much moved to gcc4 wholesale, since that is the only compiler
available to those folks who are using OSX on intel, so this issue
might be a moot point.