List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: QtSoap component
From:       Bojan <dbojan () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-12-17 22:16:07

On 12/16/05, Roberto Cappuccio <roberto.cappuccio@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is the QtSoap component for Qt 3.x available only as Commercial Edition for Qt
> Solutions license holder?

AFAIK, yes.  That's what the website indicates as well.

> Is there something similar but under GPL?

I am not aware of anything GPL'ed for Qt and SOAP specifically.
There is QuteXR (http://qutexr.sourceforge.net/).  It is a Qt XML-RPC
library.  XML-RPC is almost kind of like SOAP, so if you don't need to
specifically use SOAP as a requirement, then you may try thing out.

There is also gSOAP (http://www.cs.fsu.edu/~engelen/soap.html).  Its
not Qt specific, but I think it should be usable in Qt applications
just fine.

Hope this helps,

Bojan