List:       kde-devel
Subject:    kdesdk 3.5 and kdevelop 3.3
From:       Giovanni Venturi <gventuri73 () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2005-12-15 18:58:51

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hello,
I tryed to compile KDE 3.5 and I verifyed 2 inconsistency. kdesdk wants
Berkley DB 4.2 and KDevelop wants Berkley DB 4.1. Is it normal? I want to
install simply KDE 3.5 and I must have 2 different version of the same
library? It's impossible. I have to use kdesdk and kdevelop. So if it's
impossible I'll remove KDevelop and I use konsole and Kate to develop with
C++. Before an important release as KDE 3.5 that will be used for the next 2
years things should become simple to compile KDE no complex cause of 2
different version requirement of two different package of the same KDE
release.
Giovanni
--
A KDE Italian translator and KSniffer core developer
Slackware GNU/Linux current version - kernel 2.6.14.3